Are you familiar with the Advent Calendar?
The Advent Calendar is a German Christmas tradition that over the years has become popular in our country as well. It is a fun and delicious custom, simply irresistible! It involves the whole family, especially children, and it is a shared moment that rewards everyone with a little gift during the wait to unwrap the Christmas presents under the tree. The original Advent Calendar was split into four weeks, the Advent weeks in fact, before Christmas. Today, often one finds its simplified version, with days that range from the first of December to Christmas’ Eve or Christmas Day. It is not a simple calendar for three reasons:
- It is different in length than a standard month since it features only the Advent weeks up to Christmas’ Eve, or more recently, the days from December 1 to December 25;
- The number of days are not in sequence but all mixed up, to create the effect of a treasure hunt;
- Each number is written on a window to be opened on that specific date behind which there’s a small reward – typically a chocolate or candy
Today there are commercial versions one can buy anywhere, but one of the most charming moments surrounding the Advent Calendar is specifically its preparation! Nastri Brizzolari could not let this fun occasion to celebrate with the family go by without its perfect ribbon: TUO by Brizzolari is available also to create your home-made Advent Calendar!
Create your Advent Calendar!
TUO by Brizzolari can be printed up to 8 meters without repetitions: its Advent Calendar version has been designed featuring a beautiful series of drawings that, in 25 Christmas figurines, will accompany you up to the day of Christmas. How to personalize your very own Advent Calendar? Here are a few hints for inspiration:
- Prepare many small packets wrapped with the TUO ribbon: date each one by writing the date on the wrapping paper!
- Use simple wooden clips glued to a board and decorate them with the washi tape Brizz, to tie up a small package corresponding to each day!
- Create a tree of clear bags to pin to the wall: add the date, the sticker and a small gift, chocolate or card in each bag!
The ribbon TUO by Brizzolari is available in a variety of versions and it can be combined with many different media materials or embellished with other tying or sealing systems: white, red, green, silver or craft paper, twine, Brizz adhesive tape… free up your creativity! This calendar is also very nice as a gift idea: you can have fun preparing them in all colors and shapes to reward your loved ones with a sweet December!