How to wrap a gift creatively
Using the most appropriate materials is the starting point to wrap a present that looks perfect, and yet you also need a stylish idea enabling you to get the best final result. You may wrap your gifts according to the most classic approach or you may follow some unconventional and distinctive ideas. Ever wonder how to create a shirt style gift wrap design? Follow our easy tutorial and you’ll learn how to craft a very creative gift wrap, the ideal one for men; we suggest this style for gifts having a flat package and a square shape: a scarf, a book, a shirt, a sweater… just the kind of gifts suitable for men.
Materials and tools
- Wrapping paper in your favourite color: the paper design will be the shirt of your parcel (see Sadoch);
- Ribbon: choose a textile, wide ribbon because it is easy to knot and it will become the tie of your shirt style gift wrap;
- The gift to be wrapped.
How to wrap
Cut the wrapping paper in a size that completely wraps your gift box. Follow these easy steps:
- Lay the box vertically;
- Cut the paper in such a way that – once the box is covered – enough paper is left on the bottom to close the parcel (half the box thickness); on the top the paper left shall be half the height of the box to be wrapped;
- Wrap the box keeping the seam on one side (not in the box centre as usual).
Wrap the box and secure the paper on the bottom and along the height. Flatten the top flap and place approx. 1 m ribbon horizontally, so that it juts out on the right and on the left equally. Start rolling up the ribbon keeping it perpendicular to the package upper edge. After rolling it a few times you should have 0.5 cm paper left between the ribbon rolled up and the package edge. Now cut the paper between the roll and the package by one-third of the box width both on the right and on the left, fold the ribbon flaps to the centre and knot the ribbon thus crafting the shirt collar. Take a ribbon flap and pull it down, secure it on the bottom then use the other flap to craft a real tie knot around the collar. Secure the “shoulders” by means of clear tape. Use the scissor to finish the tie lower edge shaping it properly and …. that’s it! Your shirt style gift is ready!
To get the best results be careful that:
- Your gift box has a suitable shape
- The “shirt” matches with the “tie” (choose paper and ribbon in the combination you prefer);
- The ribbon size is proper, so that the “tie” is consistent with the “shirt”.
Last but not least: craft a bow instead of a tie and you’ll get a women shirt!